Saturday, October 15, 2011

Momentum

I am imperfect. My routes are imperfect. Pathways of air through my body are imperfect. But what happens when I in my imperfection get out of the way? Momentum.

My hiatus from this blog has been good and bad. Good because the primary cause for it is the sheer volume of work I had laid before me in Rochester, NY over the summer. Bad because I've found that you all keep me accountable for my purpose - being a light in a dark world.

I confess it's been hard to gain footing on the campus of Oklahoma City University. While I've been surrounded by people who trust me without definitive reason, for the first time in my life I am in an environment that doesn't see Christ as the giver of gifts. My pastor and his wife gave me counsel about a week ago saying:

"We've seen OCU graduates fall by the wayside before and we are tired of it. You have to rebel against what the culture surrounding you says is okay. You have permission to rebel against it like Daniel did with the culture he was surrounded by. You must take care of you before you take care of the masses. We challenge you to be the rebel and see how God blesses you."

I cherish this sage wisdom and the people who are here to speak into my life. Is it difficult to rebel against the culture here? Absolutely. It's daunting. It's exhausting and quite honestly I am losing momentum. I recognize it is going to take time for me to address how to rebel and love simultaneously. So, back to blogging I come as a source of relief and support.

I have gone back to Louima Lilite's studio class twice this semester and those were definitive times of encouragement. We all must keep our eyes open and soak in more of these moments because Satan is prowling around like a lion looking to kill and destroy. Please know this is for all of us...

Quick tid-bits you'll be interested in:

I passed my diagnostic exams. I was cast as a chorister in the opera L'Elisir D'amore which we started rehearsals for last week. My voice is growing and there is a real sense of approaching my art holistically which until now I have yet to grab hold of. These successes are by God's grace alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment